It’s the latest buzzword in many circles: Self-Care
But what does it mean to you, you ask?
You may not be a yogi, can’t stand to sit still and “breathe”, so what are the options for you?
Life can get hectic and so busy this time of year. You are working all day, you have to take your kids to this class and that game, etc., office parties, getting together with friends and family, Christmas shopping, sending out holiday cards… and on and on!
It’s no wonder we don’t find time for ourselves!
But it’s a must to stop the overwhelm and stress of this season and all year long.
What do you enjoy to do that gives you joy and a peaceful feeling?
- Try a class at the gym! Join D21’s FREE 1 Week Challenge!
- If you’ve never done yoga, take advantage of the free class that’s offered and see how you feel.
- Try private personal training! – ask for David😉
- Go out for coffee with a friend!
- One thing we all have time for is gratitude. Take 5 minutes at the start of your day and write down 3 things you are grateful for. Your mind and heart will thank you!
I also recommend doing it at the end of the day too, to help you sleep with a rested mind.
The key is finding time for yourself. You deserve it.
Take time to evaluate what you want, and what you said you would accomplish this year. Don’t beat yourself up!
There is time to start a new practice of self-care or several!
Start with gratitude and write down SMART goals: