Welcome to OPC TV where we discuss specific health and fitness problems, identify the solution, so you can feel better and perform at your best.
Today on OPC TV Dietrich Horsey, the owner of D21 Fit Studio and one of Chicago’s leading fitness professionals talks with Cameron Luff, the founder & managing director of One Percent Change about how to fix tight hamstrings.
The cause of tight hamstrings can be multifactorial for example imbalance of the anterior and posterior muscles of the leg, so if the quads and psoas get tight they can pull the pelvis forward which results in the hamstrings tightening up as a compensation.
Poor Core and pelvic stability is another common cause of hamstrings getting tight as a compensation. Spinal related lumbar spine stiffness can also cause increased hamstring tone.
So if you’re not assessing you’re just guessing!
So if we’ve identified that the hamstrings are tight, here are some good exercises and instructions that you can implement to help assist with fixing tight hamstrings.
Cameron Luff, founder & managing director of One Percent Change
Cameron is an innovative & successful Australian Physical Therapist with over 20 years of experience. Consulting in the National Academy for Tennis Australia for over 12 years, he worked with both Junior & Senior tennis players from around the world.
He has also accrued valuable experience from a variety of other sports at both National & International level including:
- Rugby Union
- National Basketball teams (Men’s & Women’s)
- Australian Women’s Baseball
- International Level Swimmers
- State Grade Cricket
- International Level Kayakers
Cameron has been a Business Owner since 1995 working in various settings including YMCA Gymnasiums, Privately Owned Fitness Centres and Multidisciplinary Clinics. In doing so he has worked alongside and in conjunction with Sports Doctors, Chiropractors, Osteopaths, Personal Trainers, Strength & Conditioning Coaches and Massage Therapists.
What is One Percent Change & how does it work?
- One Percent Change is a system that facilitates superior health, wellness & fitness with guaranteed results.
- It involves a comprehensive health & wellness analysis combined with cutting-edge sports medicine to measure your strength, flexibility, and stability.
Why & Who created One Percent Change?
- Exposure to the “inside secrets” of what systems “elite athletes” use to achieve superior health, wellness and fitness led Australian Physical Therapist Cameron Luff to incorporate these findings into his everyday practice.
- Due to his success with the general population, Cameron was able to secure government funding to perform extensive research and development that heavily influenced the eventual design of One Percent Change.