If you have Enthusiasm, a Positive Attitude, and a few Basic Fitness Skills, we want YOU!
Dietrich 21 is a private personal training studio located in Evanston, IL. Dietrich 21’s philosophy, centered on “good, better, best,” is the driving concept behind improving your health and wellness. D21 is dedicated to help establish a sustainable synergy of effective training and proper nutrition. D21 takes a holistic approach to fitness and focuses on the powerful link between training and nutrition. D21 has private, semi-private, and group classes.
Personal Trainer will assist our members by educating, motivating, and supporting them to achieve their health and fitness goals through customized nutritional guidance, fitness and performance programs.
D21 has an unmatched ability to address all areas of our members’ health and fitness needs to achieve optimal results. As a team member of D21, you are able to advance your career in the fitness industry by providing your expertise and gaining experience in new areas, as well as economical. We will teach you the D21 approach to training, but you will have flexibility to create individual workouts for your clients.
Develop comprehensive fitness programs tailored to your clients’ goals. You’ll receive on our coaching system and training programs, but you’ll have the flexibility to incorporate your training style and knowledge.
- Tracking Client Progress: To ensure a client’s success in our programs, you’ll need to track clients’ weekly progress, current successes and challenges, review clients’ nutrition and exercise log worksheets, and more on a weekly basis. It will be your job to hold a client accountable to his/her health, fitness, and performance goals and programs to ensure the best results possible.
- Perform Fitness Evaluations and Muscle Testing: Ideally, you’ll have some fitness assessment skills and can test for: body composition, body weight, girth measurements, blood pressure, heart rate, and various strength and flexibility tests. You do not need previous experience, but if you do, that’s a bonus. You will receive training on how to perform muscle testing to develop a comprehensive health and fitness program for our clients.
- Coach Clients through Private/Semi-private Program: You’ll be responsible for weekly exercise sessions and keeping detailed weekly progress reports on the clients you’re working with.
- Motivation: If a client is having challenges throughout his/her program, you’ll coach and motivate him/her, and make appropriate changes to ensure consistent.
- Demonstrate Proper Exercise Instruction: Be able to provide proper coaching instructions/techniques and motivation during a client’s training session. You should have a working knowledge of the human body (i.e. muscles, movements, functions, etc.), and be able to provide appropriate exercises for clients’ goals.
- Provide Ongoing Health and Fitness Education: It is imperative as a fitness coach that you provide clients with health and fitness education on various topics that empower them to lead healthy lives continuously.
- You’ll Be Provided with Educational Tools and Resources: Be expected to study them, speak about them with your clients. We also spend time covering this during our staff meetings. We encourage you to pursue any other pertinent educational opportunities that will enhance yours and your clients’ knowledge.
- Good Communication Skills: You will be talking to many clients. You must be comfortable conversing in-person and on the phone, and know-how to conduct yourself professionally and deliver clear instructions to the clients.
- People Skills and Personality: You must LOVE working with people. Show your clients an engaging, motivating, and restorative energy while working with them.
- Trainer Must Be: Respectful, enthusiastic, motivated, easygoing, caring, dedicated, and results oriented person. Passionate for fitness. Responsible and organized.
- Hold a personal training certification from an accredited source
- CPR/AED certified
- Have sales experience as you will be responsible for getting your own clients
- 2 years personal training experience
- Basic knowledge of nutrition and/or hold a nutrition certification
- Bachelors degree in Kinesiology or related field preferred but not required
Kindly apply below.